Once I’d got some sleep and extracted Bud from my crochet blanket I took some new pics. As I mentioned the majority of these squares started life this time last year with a view to travelling across the pond to Shelly in Texas to become part of the whole Share a Square experience however I did them in the wrong weight yarn – worsted in the US equals aran in the UK not double knit as I originally thought.
When our doctors’ receptionist mentioned that a container was going over to South Africa in the next few weeks this gave me the impetus to provide them with a trip across a different ocean. However they were quite different and looked a bit disjointed when put together. They did look more disjointed but I only thought to take a photo after I’d already used some up.
So I took a leaf out of how Shelly has dealt with squares in previous years and decided to add a border to all the squares in one colour.
I went with a navy blue edging as I thought a dark colour would work better than a light one and I think it worked (in my humble opinion).
I am quite fond of these squares which hint at a flower while just being basic granny squares with the ‘flower’ centre being in novelty yarn surrounded by a ground of green ‘leaves’.
Coming Soon! – I’ve also done some little cardys which are knit all in one for the same shipment and the, no, THE cutest little crocheted ‘wellies’!