Well I finally got my Christmas Cards done. So far they seem to have gone down well with the recipients who opened them in front of me. I tend to make simple cards because I prefer making them that way and I generally need to get them done quickly.
I used the fabric that I remembered following the dream where I had not sent cards, and finally found hiding very nearly in plain sight. This gave me 18 different designs, and I had 6 panels which gave me the 54 cards I needed.
I needed to fold the cards myself and need some easy way to quickly score 54 cards so I jerry rigged the following from a thick piece of card and some spray adhesive and it worked really well with the scoring line drawn on…
As I couldn’t find my bone folder I scored with a size 3.75mm blunt ended knitting needle – they are so versatile, the things you can’t do with one aren’t worth mentioning.
I cut around the edge of the individual squares very carefully following the outside gold line.
Then I foraged in my machine embroidery threads and found the perfect gold thread with which to zig zag stitch the fabric squares to the card.
I cheated and printed the whole of the message, including the love Paula, Bernard & BUDDY! The paper inserts in either white or cream, to match the card, nicely cover the reserve side of the stitching and ta da…
just in time for last posting tomorrow.
Unlike sewing fabric to fabric, the card is a tad unforgiving so if you go too far (completely out of character for me) you can’t just unpick it and do it again on the same card however I discarded two and then realised that it wasn’t a lost cause and just ran the stitching on and added some more…
And of course after I realised that – I didn’t need to do it again!
Don’t worry I’ve not put paid to popping the antlers on Bud.