The remaining body parts from here have now become another bunny and a froggie…
My second bunny has a tail…
and so doesn’t look as provocative as the first one. However the first one now has a tail and a new home. The bunny proved quite popular so I will be adding it to the Myeloma Buddy range in the new year as the pattern allows for it to be sold for charity. The frog pattern is from Spud & Chloe too.
The little critters can either be filled with stuffing, a tennis ball or, as is the case with the frog, a rubber dog ball.
The knitting wasn’t exactly the plain sailing I’m accustomed to as my first body part ended up like this…
not exactly bunny shaped and just goes to show that even when you have been knitting as long as I have you still have boo boos.
The original pattern is knit in the round but this slows me down, I think because I am a tucker! In that I like a long needle that I can tuck under my arm. I’m not averse to four or five needles as long as they are long enough to tuck but prefer not to use them if at all possible. So I attempted to convert the pattern to knitting backwards and forwards – how hard should that have been – not very. However, and I’m putting it down to chatting at the hospital whilst I knit even though I started it in the car on the way there, I totally messed up the increases not once, not twice but three times and even when I’d finished it and moved onto the head I had no idea how the shape I had created was going to end up round. And guess what it didn’t! But I got there in the end after the obligatory ‘Oh, yeah’ moment.
Bud has shown an interest in the frog but I believe I may have mentioned previously it has 12 toes! 12! And I think I’d need more than a staple gun to stop him pulling the legs off it.
Made – 11/29* with 10 days to go
Panic level – 3/10 (I have a sneaky feeling it may peak after the weekend if that first number isn’t a whole lot closer to the second one by then)