For my birthday party I bought this dress and really liked the style.
So I called on the knowledge imparted by my Great Auntie Betty and cut a pattern from the dress and made these. I made the pattern from lining paper, as in the stuff used for lining walls. This was a bit of a boo boo, it’s really difficult to get it to lie flat so I won’t be doing that again.
I made this one before my ‘holiday’
and these two since I got home
I particularly like the last one. I got the material out the second week I was home, put in on my work table and left it there for two days, as initially it just seemed too big a task. I mean I couldn’t tackle a match three game so cutting out and piecing together a dress was probably a tad adventurous.
I did well with the fabric for these and all three cost less than £25, slightly less than the original dress.