Well as far as the ‘holiday’ knitting went it didn’t but since coming home I’ve finished the myeloma buddies I had on order at the time and now the baby blanket.
I’d thought little squares no hassle. Ha! I’ve done a few of these in the past could generally remember the pattern easily enough.
This is what I managed on ‘holiday’…
And with the addition of another 47 and a border that takes nearly a full 100g ball of yarn it became this…
I recommenced the second square the second week I was home and initially needed a sheet with the row numbers printed on to cross off regularly because I just couldn’t keep track of which row I was on. To show how much my concentration improved by the end of week three I no longer needed the row sheet or the pattern.
The yarn is Sirdar Snuggly four ply which washes extremely well and lasts for ages making a quite delicate looking but durable shawl. The individual squares are joined cleverly through yarn overs at the beginning of every row with a long tail left from casting on. This forms a decorative and easy to follow seam.
I’m ready for my close up Mr DeMille…
What exquisite handwork!
Thanks for you kind comment.
Paula, you never cease to amaze me with your knitting talen!! So talented! xx